Who We Are
We are a group of strategists and problem solvers with deep expertise in the most pressing commercial challenges faced by airlines. The Kambr Advisory team combines decades of carrier and vendor gleaned know-how with lifelong commitments to achievement. Our ranks include commercial directors, systems experts, start-up specialists, mentors and trainers; but there is one thing we all share: a passion for aviation and analytics. And we love partnering with our customers to drive results and produce value.
What We Do
We ask probing questions about situations our clients face every day, internally within their organizations and externally in the competitive marketplace. We listen...to people, data and models. We research, analyze, hypothesize and test the many critical cause/effect relationships impacting airline revenues and profitability. We seek positive change strategies and strive for actionable solutions with a practical implementation path.
What We're Looking for
You’re a person who can discover and quantify the complex business issues impacting airline revenue performance and conceptualize analytic frameworks that define improvement potential.
- You strive for high quality logic and quantitative proof, but are also pragmatic
- You know when it’s time to dig deeper, and when it’s time to draw conclusions
- You take ownership and will see your projects from start to finish
- You are a strong communicator and foster teamwork
What You'll be Working on
In the business analyst position, you will participate on advisory projects for
our airline clients, typically as an off-site resource supporting our on-site team,
and be responsible for deep problem solving. Your role will be key in gathering
and analyzing data, interviewing clients, and contributing to the team’s
You’ll work as a part of one or more worldwide airline advisory teams, playing
an active role in all aspects of the client engagement, and providing key
support to field consultants. This includes:
- Gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations;
- Presenting findings, conclusions and recommendations to client management and implementing recommendations in cooperation with client team members;
- Gaining new skills and building on the strengths you brought to our practice;
- Receiving training, coaching and mentoring from colleagues on your teams – development that will magnify your talents;
What We Want/Requirements
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree is required;
- Relevant work experience after completion of undergraduate degree, or a master’s degree, are desirable;
- An outstanding record of academic achievement;
- An exceptional ability to perform research, analysis, and formulate quantitative problem-solving approaches;
- A proven record of leadership in a work setting, community involvement or purposeful extracurricular organizations;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment;
- Confidence in working effectively with professionals at all levels of an organization, from entry to C-level;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in written English, effective in conveying complex business concepts;
- A willingness to travel as needed, likely 10-25%, which may involve foreign/overseas trips;
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Culture where people come first.
- Clear and structured career path designed for progression.
- Fast growing and global team focused on challenging the status quo.
- Team passionate about client happiness, aviation and quality of service.
- Environment where all are expected to work hard, but love what we do, and have fun doing it.