Senior Back-end Engineer
Who We Are
We are a group of talented engineers and airline industry veterans building trailblazing software solutions to challenge the legacy systems of today’s commercial aviation industry.
We represent industry geeks of every kind: frequent flyers, coding fanatics, plane spotters and open-source contributors. We are goal-driven inventors who want to bring greater technology and unprecedented workflows. We believe intelligence through data and automation will yield better returns. We believe in lean thinking and, with continuous improvement, we focus on delivering value.
What We Do
We build software solutions for airlines looking to uproot existing legacy enterprise applications which are constraining existing commercial processes. Using modern approaches to software development and the latest engineering technologies, we help airlines maximize their revenues, improve their workflow and achieve organizational efficiency.
- We build REST APIs to enable our web application to capture our users’ workflow.
- We integrate and consume data from systems used by airlines.
- We use modern languages like Kotlin and Spring Boot to increase our productivity and align with best practices.
- We deploy our code multiple times per day using Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes.
What We're Looking for
You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
- You strive for high quality but are also pragmatic.
- You know when it’s time to refactor, and when it’s time to ship.
- You take ownership and will see your projects from inception to production.
- You have empathy, patience and teamwork.
- You have experience running applications in production and take software engineering practices seriously.
- You understand the value of testing and automation.
What You'll be Working on
- Exposing functionality as RESTful resources that capture the users workflow with Spring Boot and Spring Data REST.
- Optimizing database interactions using caching, materialized views, indexing or aggregation.
- Building integrations using Spring Batch.
- Securing our application using modern and powerful technologies like OAuth2 and SAML.
- Handling authorization using RBAC/ABAC techniques and ACLs.
- Deploying and scaling applications as Docker containers in our Kubernetes cluster.
- Creating IFTTT style workflows using serverless functions and message queues.
What We Want/Requirements
- You can write high quality Kotlin or Java using modern tools and libraries.
- You have experience with the Spring Framework and its components.
- You are proficient in relational database design and understand the trade-offs between storage space and performance.
- You are aware of the limitations and benefits of an ORM.
- You are exposed to various architectural patterns that enable maintainable, scalable, high performance web applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Culture where people come first, including autonomy and freedom to do your work to the best of your ability.
- Clear and structured career path designed for progression.
- Fast growing and global team focused on challenging the legacy of the commercial aviation industry to provide customers with improved technology and workflows.
- A focus on client satisfaction, executing quality code and services and a mindset of constant improvement.
- Environment where everyone is expected to work hard, but love what we do, and have fun doing it.