Software Support Engineer - Americas
Who We Are
We are a group of talented engineers and airline industry veterans working together to build software solutions for today’s commercial aviation industry. We represent industry geeks of every kind: frequent flyers, coding fanatics, plane spotters and open source contributors. We are passionate and want to challenge the state of commercial aviation by looking at the problem from a different perspective. We believe intelligence and automation will yield better returns. We believe in lean thinking and, with continuous improvement, we focus on delivering value.
What We Do
We build commercial software solutions for airlines looking to challenge the status quo of enterprise applications. We ask probing questions about situations our clients face every day, internally within their organizations and externally in the competitive marketplace. We listen... to people, data and models. Using modern approaches to software development and the latest engineering technologies, we help airlines maximize their revenues, improve their workflow and achieve organizational efficiency.
What We're Looking for
You are a person who loves to engage with customers ensuring the highest quality of service. At the same time, you have the ability to investigate application issues, identifying root causes and suggesting solutions. You are at ease working closely both with development and engineering teams, and customer representatives of designated accounts to solve problems.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills by providing step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal;
- You have outstanding analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- You have a strong attention to detail, possessing the highest standards for work outputs;
- You can multitask, prioritize and possess time-management skills;
- You are a team player being able to build long-term interpersonal relationships with customer software users and Kambrian colleagues;
- You have an interest in and understanding of software and database applications;
- You have good organizational skills and strong customer service ethos;
What You'll be Working on
In the Software Support Engineer role, you will provide dedicated support to a group of Kambr’s software customers through assistance, problem-resolution and issue-tracking that adheres to our standards of service. You will:
- Handle software-related requests for assistance;
- Troubleshoot software issues and identify the root causes;
- Analyze software-related issues and propose solutions;
- Monitor processes associated with customer software;
- Communicate with customers in a timely and respectful manner;
- Test (verify) solutions prior to their implementation in customer environments;
- Obtain and log customer feedback for the purpose of process improvement;
- Document software support activities;
- Review work log and customer feedback periodically – together with supervisor and other analysts and technicians – to identify and implement opportunities for improvement;
- Assist with the implementation of software applications at new airline customers.
What We Want/Requirements
- The suitable candidate will have the following:
- Willingness for alternative work schedule as part of our distributed team;
- B.S. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant filed;
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in a customer facing, direct technical support role;
- Software application support analyst experience, preferably in airline revenue management;
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments, Microsoft, Cisco or similar technologies;
- SQL, programming languages or basic coding, debugging tools, familiarity withSupport Ticket systems, Server, etc.);
- An exceptional ability to perform research and analysis, and to formulate quantitative problem-solving methods;
- Firm understanding of a software development cycle;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Enthusiasm for continual learning;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Culture where people come first;
- Clear and structured career path designed for progression;
- Fast growing and global team focused on challenging the status quo;
- Team passionate about customer happiness, technology, aviation and quality of service;
- Environment where all are expected to work hard, but love what we do, and have fun doing it.